The Odessa International Medical University has a center for international education for the training of foreign citizens, provides training for students in the preparatory department for entry into a higher educational institution and basic education at faculties.
Foreigners and stateless persons are enrolled in higher educational institutions based on the results of the interview and on the basis of an agreement. Foreigners arriving for study must have an “D” type entry visa, which they receive at the Ukrainian embassies in the respective countries.
The basis for applying for an entry visa to Ukraine for the purpose of training is the original of the corresponding invitation issued at the request of foreigners (Odessa, 99 Kanatna St., Center for International Education for Foreign Citizens,, tel.: (+ 38048 788-28-01) E-mail:
All foreigners and stateless persons enrolled in the preparatory department are provided with places in a hostel.
The list of documents provided by foreigners and stateless persons arriving for training at the preparatory department
application addressed to the rector of the University;
- Application form;
- A copy of the document of education (secondary or higher) and grades obtained in academic disciplines (points) – a translation into Ukrainian is certified by a notary;
- a copy of the national passport (or a document that replaces it);
- copy of birth certificate;
- A medical certificate of health certified by the official health authority of the country from which the foreigner arrived and issued no earlier than two months before the foreigner leaves for study in Ukraine;
- certificate of absence of HIV infection
- 16 photographs measuring 3×4 cm;
- return ticket with an open date of return to their homeland for a period of up to one year.
The documents referred to in paragraphs “3”, “4”, “5”, “6” must be:
- certified in accordance with the legislation of the country of their issuance and legalized at the Ukrainian Embassy in the country from which the foreigner arrived;
- translated into Ukrainian and notarized.
A return ticket with an open date of return to their homeland for a period of up to one year can be replaced by a voluntary liability insurance contract for reimbursement of expenses associated with the implementation of the decision on deportation outside Ukraine. Such an agreement is drawn up by the department for work with foreign citizens.
Acceptance of documents from foreigners and stateless persons – enrolled in training at the educational and qualification levels “Bachelor”, “Master”.
The right to enroll in education for education at the educational and qualification levels of the “master” is available to people who have received basic or complete higher education and received a bachelor’s or specialist diploma in the relevant field of training. Nostrification of documents on the obtained educational qualification level outside Ukraine is carried out by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
The Center for International Education for the Training of Foreign Citizens provides:
- preparation and execution of an agreement on the provision of educational services (training);
- preparation of a document for a temporary stay of a foreigner in Ukraine, and also extends the period of stay in Ukraine;
- registration of an insurance policy for the provision of medical care;
- execution of a voluntary liability insurance contract for reimbursement of expenses associated with the implementation of the decision on deportation outside Ukraine.
Conditions And Rules Of Residence For Domestic And Foreign Students
Foreign students and persons without citizenship who arrived in Ukraine with the purpose of studying and received residence permit are those who legally reside on the territory of Ukraine for the period of studying.
An integral part of the educational process is a morale building both during university classes and out-of-class time, that includes the familiarization of foreign students with the legislation of Ukraine about the status of foreign citizens, travelling across the territory of Ukraine, rules of residence etc.
1.1 Studies at Odesa International Medical University includes providing foreign students with accommodation in dormitories.
1.2 Conditions and rules of residence in the dormitory of Odesa International Medical University are indicated in the agreement.
1.3 The agreement on the residence in the dormitory is made for one academic year. However, foreign students, who continue studying at the university, will take up their residence in the upcoming year.
1.4 Internal order in the dormitory of OIMU is determined and agreed by the rector of the university.
1.5 The cost of living in the dormitory of OIMU is not included in tuition fees and is paid by students according to tariffs for the current academic year.
1.6 Conditions and rules of residence for domestic and foreign students in the dormitory are indicated in the agreement signed by a student. It involves preservation of properties, use of furniture, electric equipment, bed etc.
CONDITIONS AND RULES OF RESIDENCE IN THE DORMITORY
2.1 Students who use a living space in the dormitory are obliged to pay for it in time, within the time limits mentioned in the agreement.
2.2 They have to keep their rooms and other premises clean and tidy.
2.3 Follow the requirements of fire and gas safety, public health regulations.
2.4 Use the living space in the dormitory according to its intended purpose, do not damage technical equipment in the dormitory.
2.5 Our students do not prevent from other persons’ lawful use of other premises in the dormitory.
2.6 It is not allowed to carry out the work and other actions which cause the damage of rooms, instruments, equipment and break other people’s rights of living.
2.7 Domestic and foreign students get properties of the dormitory against their signatures.
2.8 Students are obliged to use electricity, gas and water frugally.
2.9 They leave the things which are not daily use items in the storage room.
2.10 Recoup for damages according to the legislation of Ukraine.
STUDENTS HAVE THE RIGHT:
- to use the living space and equipment;
- to participate in solving issues about the improvement of living conditions in the dormitory;
- to elect the council of the dormitory and a leader
IT IS FORBIDDEN IN THE DORMITORY:
3.1 to willfully move from one living space to another;
3.2 to smoke in the rooms of the dormitory, except for some designated areas;
3.3 to store household inflammable liquids, high-explosive materials, air pollutants;
3.4 to violate requirements about acceptable noise levels;
3.5 to break silence from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m.;
3.6 to damage equipment, furniture;
3.7 to wash clothes, laundry in a living room;
3.8 to create noise switching on loud music, TV or other devices;
3.9 to drink alcoholic drinks, to use drugs;
3.10 to store explosive substances in a room;
3.11 to ignore the requirements indicated in the agreement signed by students;
3.12 keeping domestic animals.
Striving for improving the living conditions in the dormitory of OIMU and keeping the rooms clean and tidy, students are awarded with a certificate and gratitude is announced.
Breaking the rules and living conditions students bear responsibility:
- remark, notice;
- refusal to provide with accommodation next year;
- eviction from the dormitory.